Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
About the company
CarbonHQ 🌱 is on a mission to improve the integrity and efficiency of carbon projects through digital disruption.
We are building a software-as-a-service platform that allows carbon credit producers to manage their project portfolio, credit inventory and sales pipelines, and stay on top of their processes.
This is a billion-dollar problem, and we are pioneering the solution.
The co-founding team consists of a domain expert and a software engineer with extensive industry experience.
We recently raised a pre-seed round from two leading VCs in Australia and made our first software engineer hire.
About the role
We are looking for an engineer to join the team and build the product alongside us and have the same voice on the table. We think of early engineers as having the ethos of being a founder themselves.
An ideal candidate has a unique mix of software expertise, execution driven mindset and passion for solving climate change. We work together from our shiny new office in North Sydney and would love for a new person to be around in the same room as much as possible.
The engineering stack is comprised of PostgreSQL, Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, React, and MUI, but we’re open to introducing new elements as long as they’re the best tool for the job and are maintainable by a small team in the long run.
At the moment, we are only able to offer this role to candidates that are legally eligible to work in Australia (at least with a temporary visa that we can transfer) and are residing in Sydney or willing to move to Sydney.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- extensive experience working with Node.js and TypeScript;
- deep understanding of relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL;
- frontend experience including HTML/CSS/JS and frameworks such as React
- desire to work in start-up environment and is comfortable working with unknowns;
- (maybe) passion for software infrastructure such as: cloud environments, containers, infrastructure as code, observability;
- (maybe) interest or experience in AI/ML and MLOps.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- build CRUD-based product features across the whole stack, from DB to UI;
- work with the founders on product discovery and implementation;
- design and build backend job workers for periodic tasks and integrations with multiple external APIs;
- deploy, integrate and maintain ML-solutions we build with our partners;
- design and build file storage using available cloud solutions;
- maintain and improve observability and developer experience when possible.
Why you should join us:
- Drive the technical growth of the product, extend our stack and design new complex features.
- Get front-row seat startup experience. Help shape the product vision, participate in building the early team and communicate with customers.
- Actually do something to help solve the climate crisis and advance UN Sustainable Development Goals, as well as significantly improve lives of one of the most underserved and crucial parties of the carbon credits industry — carbon project developers.
- Own your share of the company with an ESOP package.