Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Hybrid-working, preferred locations inc Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, London
Job Category: Applied Climate Data Analytics, Specialist & Technical
The Climate Risk Group is a company committed to quantifying and communicating the costs of climate change. Our mission is to influence decision-makers – large and small – towards action that directs global capital away from climate change-related activities and towards a zero carbon, high resilience economy.
With 40 team members across Australia and the UK, the Climate Risk Group brings together XDI, with its finance and business focus, and Climate Valuation, which provides household-level insights into the costs of climate change. Together, our work leverages physical climate risk data, influence with global financial players, and grassroots momentum to create a compelling case for change.
We have an ambitious strategy to deploy climate impact data of sufficient quality and volume in time to enable diverse decision makers to arrest runaway climate change. We do this by providing quantitative insights into the impacts of extreme weather and climate change on physical assets - built or natural.
As Climate Analyst, you will be the interface between clients who are seeking climate impact information about assets, investments, and companies, and our Climate Risk Engines, which you will use to generate the data they need. You will contribute to the client-facing delivery and presentation of our insights.
You will be trained in the use of our powerful online risk engines, and by understanding the needs of the clients, you will ensure correct inputs and outputs, troubleshoot anomalies and apply quality control. Once trained, you will be required to understand and interrogate the data to ensure maximum accuracy and support the delivery of bespoke customer solutions, including reports, slide decks, and visualisations that enable easy interpretation of climate risk analysis data and results.
If this interests you, please apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter addressing all the capabilities and experience criteria and why you’d like to work for TCRG/XDI.
- Work closely with clients and Customer Success Managers to understand project requirements and assist in identifying their challenges with data
- Work within our technical platform to prepare and process data
- Investigate and analyse results, providing commentary for clients where necessary
- Work within our technical platforms to develop reports, slide decks and visualisations that enable easy interpretation of data and results to support client needs.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and presentations, presenting data analysis results, explaining the data both verbally and in writing, and what our clients can do to respond to the findings.
- Resolve data discrepancies and client queries
- Anticipate new or different uses for clients and the data sets they subscribe to
- Contribute to the design and implementation of large-scale data and analytics solutions for clients
- Provide and undertake quality assurance
- Keep track of trends, patterns, and changes within data sets
- Work with the Product, Technology, Science, and Sales Specialists to share product updates, including client feedback and insights, emerging needs, opportunities, and ideas of automation to increase efficiency.
Capabilities and Experience Sought After
- A demonstrated passion for the environment
- Tertiary qualification in STEM with a background in physics, maths, science, stats, environmental science, or engineering
- Strong technical analytical skills, such as Excel, GIS, data mining .
- Proven critical thinking, including the ability to both collect and interpret data for a specific purpose, working out how to process it to obtain insightful information.
- Experience data visualisation an advantage
- Outstanding communication skills, and an ability to lead productive, positive, and outcome-driven discussions
- Confident client presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional collaboration skills, working with others and with other functions (tech, science, sales, analytics) to increase productivity, share ideas, develop solutions to achieve a common goal, and maintain healthy relationships.
- Natural aptitude to think laterally and forward, solving problems through a creative and indirect approach, providing options while also looking beyond immediate tasks to consider long-term impact.
- Able to spot opportunities to “shift the dial on climate change” across collaborations, products, messaging, research, or any other vehicle, in support of the organisation’s vision and values.
Why work with us?
Want to know more about us and our work? Visit our Newsroom and check our latest 2023 XDI Global Hospital Infrastructure Physical Climate Risk Report https://xdi.systems/news
We are a mission-led organisation, a team of passionate, like-minded, curious individuals who want to use their professional skills to make a positive difference in climate change.
We value everyone’s contribution and offer a friendly, diverse culture with a range of generous employment conditions.
- Flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working
- Fortnightly Wellbeing Days while remaining on full-time pay
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Company-funded paid parental leave
- Empowered cross-functional teams
- Continuous feedback and recognition
If this sounds like you, please apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter addressing all the criteria and why you’d like to work for TCRG/XDI. We can only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in Australia, or in the UK if London based.