Carbon General Manager
at LRX Projects
Full-Time Position | Carbon General Manager
LRX is an Australian company on a mission to create a carbon-negative planet through genuine carbon sequestration, biodiversity improvements, and wildlife conservation. We are a carbon project developer specializing in high-integrity carbon credits delivered via environmental planting and open woodland restoration. Our projects are based in VIC and NSW, with an office located in Cremorne, VIC.
We offer carbon reduction and offset solutions to a diverse range of customers from individuals to large corporate emitters. Together with the Barbaloot Conservation Group, our projects support a safe haven to critically endangered native animal species. Across our projects, areas allocated to biodiversity will remain untouched, and have a permanent biodiversity caveat on the land.
We are proud to contribute to a regenerative future and seek like-minded people who share our mission to join our team and help make a tangible difference in the fight against climate change and species extinction.
If you would like to know more please visit us at www.lrxgroup.com.au
About the role:
As a Carbon General Manager, you will be critical in developing a portfolio of carbon projects across Australia. Based on environmental planting and open woodland restoration, projects will vary in scale and methodologies to achieve the genuine carbon sequestration, commercial sustainability and environmental co-benefits.
This is an opportunity to build a portfolio of carbon projects. We expect a successful candidate to have a strong understanding of reforestation and other methodologies under the ACCU scheme and be able to manage a carbon project from start to finish.
- Qualifications or experience in fields related to Environmental Science, Forestry, or Agriculture
- Preferred forestry, environmental restoration or carbon project management experience
- Knowledge of industry leading methodologies and systems for carbon project data monitoring, collection and management
- Strong proficiency in writing forest management plans, monitoring reports and/or carbon project applications
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and some knowledge of GIS Mapping systems like QGIS and FullCAM
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate to and work in highly independent and skilled teams, both on-site and in an office
- Build a portfolio of high-integrity carbon projects, ensuring compliance with Australian regulations.
- Develop and refine methodologies for precise project performance tracking and documentation of carbon credits.
- Develop and execute on forest/farm management plans for LRX’s projects, which would include site preparation activities and ongoing management requirements that meet the Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) Act 2011.
- Build relationships with partners and regulators with an interest in changing carbon regulations.
- Provide leadership to interdisciplinary teams including teams based onsite and at the office, guiding them to achieve milestones within budgets and timelines.
- Effectively present and report on project progress to internal stakeholders.
Why join us?
You will be joining an early-stage startup supported by a highly diverse team of experienced multidisciplinary professionals and industry-leading partners. We encourage a flexible, positive and inclusive work environment in a rapidly growing industry. The role is anticipated to commence on a full time basis.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Pier Cappetti via email@example.com. To apply for this role please submit an application with a copy of your resume and a short note around your availability.
Research shows women and those from minority populations are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. If you are interested in joining our world-class team and want to learn more about LRX and the role, we would love to hear from you.