Technical Solutions Manager
State of Charge (SOC) provides technical and commercial local support to climate-tech businesses in Australia and New Zealand. Our main areas of focus include e-mobility, energy storage, solar power and software solutions for managing Distributed Energy Resources (DERs).
Based on consistent growth and onboarding new customers in the EV charging and Energy Management space, we are seeking an energetic and technically skilled team player to join our dynamic team. This role involves a blend of technical acumen and customer-facing activities, offering a range of responsibilities and opportunities for those who are passionate about the energy transition.
This role will offer exposure to some of the most innovative technology in the field. You will be working with a small but growing team with the opportunity to have an impact in the clean energy industry and be a part of an exciting business journey ahead.
What you will do:
- Provide technical support for pre-sales, product installation, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for customers; addressing and lodging any issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate with Level 2 support team to resolve technical issues.
- Work closely with the sales team to understand customer requirements and technical specifications.
- Assist the marketing team in the development of technical presentations for sales purposes.
- Conduct training and demo sessions for installation partners and distributors.
- Contribute to product improvements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Manage customer accounts and interactions using a CRM system, ensuring all customer information and activities are accurately documented.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and regulatory changes to provide insights to customers and internal team.
- Prepare and submit government grant applications and tender documents for customers.
- Aid in the product certification process with local authorities (CEC, EESS, RCM, EVC, etc.)
- Travel to customer sites as required (mainly in your own state).
Your experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience in a technical support role. A university degree is not a requirement - trade experience and other experience is also highly regarded.
- Proven experience in technical support, account management, or sales support, preferably in the energy or e-mobility sector.
- Understanding of electrical systems and experience with e-mobility is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for building relationships with professionals of all organisational levels.
- Ability to explain complex technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in the use of CRM software and Google Workspace (or MS Office).
- Passion for technology solutions and the energy transition.
- Switched-On, proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational and project management skills.
- Team player with a collaborative spirit.
- Ability to listen to customers first then provide a recommendation.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Positive mindset.
What we offer (besides a salary):
- Flexibility: you can work wherever you like, and in a flexible manner - as long as you get the work done to a high standard. Ability to work in person (Sydney based) also an option if desired.
- Exposure to leading edge technology and business models in the new-energy space from all around the world.
- Mentorship and guidance in the industry. Our founders will share their experience and knowledge with you.
- Career progression as we expand into new products and services.
- Be part of something big. We have big plans and ambitions for the coming years.
- Opportunity to be influential in the industry.
- A fun, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Competitive salary based on experience and working arrangements, with an attractive bonus component based on business and personal performance.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile (if you have a strong Profile) and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com or click ‘Apply for position’ on the page.
State of Charge is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.