Waterfall is a dynamic and innovative climate fintech start-up dedicated to revolutionizing the funding of climate solutions projects. We leverage cutting-edge technology to provide more efficient, de-risked investment into a variety of climate asset classes including carbon, nature and energy. We connect companies solving the climate crisis with suitable investors to drive accelerated climate action on a global basis. The company is revenue positive and is funded to support strong growth in 2024.
We are seeking a highly motivated and high performing Commercial Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in building our business, executing on key customer capital needs and contributing to strategic decision-making processes. Working directly with the Founder and CEO, the candidate will play a crucial role in driving initiatives across the company with the opportunity for rapid career growth and incentives based on outperformance.
This is a rare opportunity for a candidate with a background in M&A advisory, engineering or law to leverage their skillset in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will have the opportunity to innovate new financing solutions, play a role in digital product development and develop sales your skills while building a broad network in the climate-tech and climate investment sectors.
· Financial Innovation: Conduct in-depth financial analysis, and investigate and design ways to provide innovative funding products to the market.
· Digitise Transaction Processes: Analyse and design commercial methods to enable traditional investment processes to be digitised within the Waterfall platform
· Business Development: Build relationships with investors and project developers globally and support them to join and transact through the Waterfall platform.
· Capital Advisory: Assist clients with their capital raising and commercial needs, including financial modelling, preparation of investment materials, due diligence and market research, and outreach and discussions with potential investors or clients. Assist the CEO in raising further funding for Waterfall.
· Collaboration: Collaborate with the Product and Technology teams to enable efficient and robust development of Waterfall’s digital offering.
· Market Research: Actively engage in market research to ensure rapid feedback and proactive improvement in our offering.
· Business Administration: Support the CEO to manage the business to ensure efficient and compliance operations.
· Dedication and enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment, with a proactive and adaptable mindset. Passion for commercialising climate solutions is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, commerce, law, accounting, engineering or similar
· 2-3 years of relevant experience in M&A advisory, project finance, banking, law or similar. Experience in energy, infrastructure, agriculture, carbon or resources sectors is advantageous. Some experience with financial modelling, investment documentation and transaction processes is required.
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and curiosity to solve complex problems and pitch new solutions.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey financial information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience preparing pitch documents, investment memoranda or due diligence reports would be advantageous.
Waterfall’s office is located in the Greenhouse Climate Tech Hub at Salesforce Tower, 380 George St, Sydney. This is an office-first role with flexibility for remote work subject to business needs. Some business travel in the APAC region may be required.
How to Apply:
Apply by sharing your Linkedin profile and sending your CV to email@example.com. No cover letter is required.